Coverages You Need

Many homeowners insurance policies automatically combine many of these coverages; however it’s important to make sure you have each type that you need.

Loss of Use

For additional living expenses, you need loss of use

If your house becomes uninhabitable, this will cover the cost of renting an apartment, living in an extended stay hotel or similar solution....Read More


For injury or property damage you cause to others or that occurs on your property, you need liability

Covers medical bills and property damage you, your children or your pets cause or that result from an incident on your property....Read More


For your condo, you need dwelling

Covers the physical structure of your house.

Personal Property

For the contents of your home, you need personal property

Covers personal items both in your home and stored off-premises. Expensive items generally have dollar limits and may require a policy addition, or floater, to recoup their full value....Read More

Additional Structures

For your detached garage or shed, you need additional structures

Covers house-like structures on your property, but not attached to your home.


For regional natural disasters, you may need flood or earthquake

Covers damages from regional weather occurrences.

Specialty Coverages

For specific vulnerabilities, you need specialty coverages

Consider adding coverage for identity fraud, sewer backup, equipment breakdown, assistance while traveling or pets. Any possession you would need financial help replacing should be considered as an insurance need....Read More


For income properties, you need rental

Properties you collect rent on need their own specific type of coverage. Visit the Rental Properties page for more info....Read More

Companies We Work With


* Not all carriers available in every state.